Sunday, January 20, 2008

Let's make my love life a group effort


I've decided to take this summer road trip idea in a new direction - I hope you will all still want to participate.

Those of you who have agreed to let me stay with you, THANKS! Now I'm going to ask one more favor... Will you find me a date?

I thought that this would be a great way to increase my chances of finding love. You may be saying to yourself that you don't know any single guys over the age of 27 that are remotely worthy of me. I know it'll be hard but ...

HAVE NO FEAR!
BE CONFIDENT!
You have approximately 6 months ...

Start looking now - ask around. Try to find a guy who:
  • is between the ages of 27 - 40 (preferred but not required)
  • is LDS (preferred but not required)
  • has a job (preferred but not required)
  • is single and never been married
  • is divorced or widowed
  • is NOT married - sorry I'm not into that
  • is funny or at least will think I'm funny
  • is smart or at least smart enough to know that I'm smart
  • is OK with being videotaped


I'm going to document my dates on video in case I want to make a documentary of my experience ... "Blind dates Across America".

Now all of you Utahns can participate as well. The guy you find for me will have to take me out before my big trip (as early as this coming weekend).

So here is how it will work:

  • Look
  • Search
  • Convince
  • Email me (katy_knight@mac.com) the fella's information including his picture.
I'll post his picture on my blog using his city or state as his name - like this:


Austin, TX
CMR - get to work and set this one up for me - K?

Then all of you who read my blog can submit your two cents.



This is how I'm going to make my love life a group effort.

Who knows ... if things work out, I could be naming my first born kid after you!

15 comments:

Stookey Family said...

ok katy you are going a little commando. I acctually can't wait to see this. I just don't want to see you suffer through any crazies. Make it Lunch dates then its daylight and its only and hour max. Because lets face it kates you are bound to go out with some crazies. Half the people that have offered you a place to stay you don't even know personally. (no offense to those said people) Well any way good times. you rock. niks

Katy said...

Niks makes a good point - I am getting a little bossy. I realize that your lives are not all about me. Sometimes I forget that because my life actually is all about me. Bring on the crazies - I can handle em.

Tolly & Lennon said...

Too bad Vegas is west of Utah. There are some HOT dancers here.

bug girl said...

Katy, can I go along as the camera crew? I will video and photo you all across america in your quest for a mate. I think it is great! Why didn't I think of it first?

Anonymous said...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Anonymous said...

If only my cousin weren't gay!

Molly said...

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but I think Mr. Matthew McC might be off the market now that he's knocked up his girlfriend. He doesn't deserve you anyway.

i i eee said...

Aw, girlfriend, you can do SO much better than Matthew Mchaunagay or whatever. Have you seen how LAME his next movie looks?

Okay, I just came from seeing this posted on C Jane's blog, and I already have an enormous woman-crush on you, because this is the coolest thing ever.

When you find true love, set me up with his brother, m'kay?

i i eee said...

I'm probably going to have to give a shout out about this on my blog as well -maybe I can snag you a male before you hit the St. George.

Seriously, I'm so excited about this. And you know what, as long as you're safe and sound, bring on the crazies! At the very least the documentary will be all sorts of awesome!

La Yen said...

I will begin looking in El Paso. I will try my hardest. Because I am IN on this.

m-l-e said...

2 things
1_ come to california
2_ NEVER go on more than one blind date in a single day. Trust me on this one.

emily said...

Katy,
Are you coming to California or what. I heard about your trip but I haven't heard from you. I hear Mathew hangs out at the beach in Malibu pretty close to us in San diego. Also let me know so I can start looking for dates.
em

Frozen Okie said...

I came here via RC Cola's blog, and think this is a fantastic idea. I'd offer myself up if I knew for sure where I'd be in August- I may have moved for school by then. It's only a couple hours drive for me to get to Chicago, and it would be worth it to be immortalized in a documentary destined for Sundance.

Although you really should come through Kalamazoo, because then you could say you've been here.

Anonymous said...

Katy-Good for you! And my life is all about you! What happens if your eternal companion has been here all along (maybe, say, your friend's brother Kent) and I set you up and the rest of the trip and the awesome documentary is no longer able to be done? I'm just sayin', what if?

The Roberts Family said...

Well, one prospect down. I interviewed his sisters and didn't find him KTB worthy so I nixed it right there. I'll keep looking.